If you’ve read any of my previous posts, you’ll realize that I mention my best friend in pretty much every single one of them. In person , I’m guilty of doing the exact same thing. I don’t think it’s anything I’m even consciously aware of. She’s been with me for practically a decade now and has shared (almost) every experience with me, has taught me basically everything I know and has inspired me to be the best person I can be.
So, it comes as no surprise, that I tend to brag about her 24/7. I would argue that she’s my soulmate, but if I ever said something as corny as that then I’m pretty sure she’d kick my ass and leave for good, so I’ll refrain. What I can say is that she is definitely not just a friend 😏. And she’s not even just a best friend either. She’s so much more than that.
In spirit of her birthday , I thought I’d dedicate this post to all the things she has done for me that make me so thankful to have her in my life. I know I can count on her everytime I’m in a seriously shitty situation ( so pretty much all the time), but that’s a given. Sometimes, it’s the little things that she does that make me smile everyday, that show my hown great the love of a sister truly is. So , without further adieu, here’s 21 Reasons Why I’m Thankful For My Best Friend. Happy Birthday hoe!
1. Thank you for teaching me to never take anyone’s shit- except for yours of course.
2. Thank you for holding my hand when we cross the street so my clutzy “adult” self doesn’t get hit by a car.
3. Thanks for showing me what it means to truly love someone.
4. Thank you for always being down to order pizza at 4 in the morning.
5. Thank you for “rescuing” me when I fall flat on my face.
6. Thank you for telling me that such face is ugly 😑
7. Thanks for redefining what family means.
8. Thank you for always zooming in on my face in my pictures so that I look like a fucking idiot.
9. Thanks for always letting me use your ass as a pillow.
10. Thank you for having impromptu 3 hour dance sessions with me at 1 o’clock in the morning.
11. Thank you for teaching me that you have to love yourself before you can love anyone else.
12. Thanks for always supporting my crazy ideas ( including this blog).
13. Thank you for telling me the truth 100% of the time, even when I wish you would just lie for once.
14. Thanks for pushing me off the bed every time I sleep over.
15. Thank you for letting me share my shit stories with you.
16. Thank you for teaching me what it means to be brave- to take risks for what’s important.
17. Thank you for letting me endure physical pain from laughing so hard.
18. Thanks for passing me the tissue box when I bawled for 3 hours about my short haircut.
19. Thanks for letting me trust you to do my makeup, even though I know you’re gonna purposely make me look like a clown every single time.
20. Thank you for Nairing those hard to reach places for me 😂
21. Thank you for showing me that I’m not the only crazy person on this planet.
There is no “me” without you- it’s as simple as that. You’ve inspired me to become the person I was always meant to me – an annoying, clingy, sometimes petty, asshole who is so happy she gets to call you her best friend. Happy Birthday, love you to the fridge and back😘😘